Everyone has their preferences. Some apartment shoppers are high maintenance types who need everything to look and work right prior to moving-in. Others don't care so much and won't mind waiting for some things to get done while living in a suite (I don't recommend). But wherever you fall in the range of high maintenance to low, one thing is for sure, you want a livable, visibly appealing suite.
Some things to think about when making a suite rent ready.
1. Are tiled floors visually appealing?
2. Is the paint job in the unit fresh and professionally done?
3. Are sink fixtures workable and upgraded to match the rest of the unit?
4. Are the outlet covers installed correctly and clean?
5. Is lighting adequate throughout the place?
6. Does the bathroom fan work and is it clean? What about other vents?
7. Is the toilet seat spotless and secure?
8. Does the ceiling fan work?
9. Is the thermostat upgraded to save the resident money?
10. Are door handles easy to use and nice to view?
11. Is the fire alarm modern and is it operable?
12. Do the closet upgrades fit a modern lifestyle?