1. What is wrong with where you live?
2. Has it been inconvenient lately to travel to work and back again?
3. Is the landlord reliable, polite, and seems to care about the property and residents?
4. Do you believe you can find a better place to stay for less money?
5. Is there a neighbor, roommate, or someone or something else putting pressure on you to move?
6. Would you prefer to stay at least one more year until you can save more money?
7. Do you have enough money for a security deposit, first month's rent, and movers?
If you can answer most of these questions, and if most of your answers are unfortunately negative, then yes, it is time to move, my friend. Be sure your finances are in order so that you can make it happen! Best wishes on a successful move!
Nicholl McGuire, check out more blog entry posts on this site about moving.